Drawing a curved pipe

I’ve been trying various things, including bezier curve tool. but cannot get my head round this
I have mapped out circles in an xyz but getting a nice curve or any curve is eluding me
attched file of what I haveMainTubes3.skp (204.0 KB)

Is this what you are looking for?

Top pipe was done with SketchUp’s FollowMe tool.

Bottom pipe was done with Curviloft:

CD

1 Like

It’s not immediately obvious what your issue is.

If the centers of all of your floating disks represent the nodes of some curve that you want to create, then simply draw lines between those centers.
When you have those various edges, then [if you want them as part of a ‘smooth’ curve] select them, and then use a plugin/extension like:

to ‘weld’ them into a ‘bound-curve’…
Otherwise just select those separate edges and use them as you wish [you can always smooth it later]…

Now do whatever you want with this new ‘curve’…

yes it is but follow me sent pipe off on funny angles I’ll try again. do you delete the radius line and just leave a centre mark

For FollowMe, I created an edge “path” from each circle’s center. After the path was created, I deleted all but the first circle and the path. Select the full path first! → activate FollowMe and pick the face of the first circle… DONE.

I will have a look at the plug in thanks.

Thanks for the help on this I have now done this

Ford Maverick roof rack.skp (528.7 KB)

Can someone help me how to preate a face at the end of the pipe, where in real life there is a face.

I’m not sure what you want to do. here I have just finished it as a complete loop.
Rack

I want to be able to grad what you dragged. This is not a face for me or rather the inner and the outer faces of the pipe are not connected. So maybe my question is what did you do just prior to using the push/pull tool. In the screenshot I show what hapens if I try to push both sides and also please not the difference of the color ot the “empty space” inside the tube. Maybe there is something wrong.

Nothing

Yes, by pulling it closes, but only the outer part. So please try to enlarge the gap between the two sides.

Something like this?
Gap

I think yes. Thank you. i have to run for work as am already getting late. Will try it later and give feedback.

Thank you.

You can also select the X-Ray mode after starting the Push/Pull to reveal the complete path.

One of the strengths of SketchUp is being able to orbit, pan, zoom, change scene, change rendering mode in the middle of any operation.

1 Like