Drape and Edit Group Problem

I cant seem to edit a Group (site terrrain) that till recently I had no problem doing. I thought Id drape a shape (footpath) onto the the group and now the whole group acts as one and cant be edited. What have I done? Even exploding doesnt work.

Share the .skp file so we can see what you’ve done and help you out.

Attached - Its the group Site that I cant edit anymore. Thanks

Site Plan Export.skp (9.9 MB)

I just double clicked on the terrain group with the Select tool and it opened right up to edit mode. I did set Face Style to Monochrome and turned off Shadows to ease the load on the graphics card. Does double clicking on it with Select not open it for editing for you? Or selecting it and pressing Enter?

I notice one of your draped edges doesn’t divide the surface because it doesn’t complete a loop of edges. The heavy Profile edges are the clue. Turn on Hidden Geometry so you can see all the softened edges and then zoom in to the end of the curve and finish it.
terrain

Side note: I see incorrect tag usage. ALL edges and faces should be created and remain untagged.
Screenshot - 1_21_2022 , 9_14_45 AM

Many thanks for the suggestions. It seems to have sorted things.

So what was the actual problem? That you couldn’t get into group edit mode or just couldn’t deal with that path?

I think I got a little lost along the way with my Groups. Its Friday…

1 Like