Download of SketchUp-Free from www.SketchUp.com/app?hl=en freezes-up on pulsing red block logo

After successful Logging into SketchUp Free for five weeks (Jan. thru Feb 26, 2018); this past Tuesday’s (Feb 27th) attempt to download using Trimble Identity froze-up, with the pulsing red StetchUp logo ( like it was on life support).

I have been frozen out ever since. No way into SketchUp Free exists, I have tried 10 or more times at various times of the day. Rebooting my system was ineffective. All other website are responsive; including other SketchUp sites.

I am using the Windows 10 Pro Operating System and Google is my web browser.

How do I solve this problem?

Warren Herwig

Try clearing the Chrome caches and history.

1 Like

I have come to understand SketchUp-Free to be BETA version; a BETA version without user support from SketchUp.

Since I can not successfully download SketchUp-Free, I am regrettable aborting my fledgling effort to learn and apply SketchUp-Free. I am considering an alternate SketchUp product.

Thanks to all community members that read and considered this posted problem, your time and passions are truly appreciated. I hope to remain a fellow member in the future.

SketchUp 2017 Make is still available which like SketchUp Free is free for hobbyist use. SketchUp Pro 2018 is available for commercial use.

SketchUp Free is receiving frequent updates. It is very usable now and is improving every week.

This sounds like an issue with your browser. Can you check to make sure you are all up-to-date with Chrome? Do you know which version you are using? It looks like 64.0.3282.186 is the latest- at least, it is on my Mac.

Alternately, you might give Firefox a try. Not to switch permanently, just so we can rule out any other issues to get you to a solution more efficiently.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.