Direct Action Taken but more HELP Required! .

Hi y’all . . .

I got the free trial version of SU Pro and quickly concluded I have not been using components/layers/scenes in the free SU as I should have, so I have been practicing incorporating them over the last 2 weeks and the process makes much more sense now - although I need lots more practice.

I have created scenes in SU Pro sent them to Layout and exported Layout’s png/jpegs files to my website where I have an image displayed - Yeeehhaaa (sorry Texas talk) - again much more to do of course.

So I want to thank y’all for helping me get over those initial hurdles. A successful outcome is at least on the horizon.

Dave R . . . Your excellent portfolios incorporate many styles I would like to emulate but this is an area where I have NO desire to re-invent the wheel - is there a way to find your/anyone’s particular style’s settings - good whiskey for favorable responses should be anticipated!!! Sketches that look like sketches, technical drawings that look like technical drawings and images that look enough like the real thing is all I want!!! Once achieved I will not change them very much.

One strange stumbling block . . . SU Pro’s wood images are very poor fodder for furniture makers. Is there a directory of 10’ long planks of various widths of all the usual species furniture makes use that we can apply? Dave R - in DCB you imported images from a file you had acquired but I have not found anything like them in my searches.

Once again, my gratitude for your generous support-I am no blogger so I am duplicating this reply in the original blog as well - hope it works

Jock

1 Like

Jock maybe we can chat next week after I get home from my trip.

Thanks for the compliments.

Hi JimD,

Despite your contrarian advice I will happily buy you a dram whenever we meet.

I know you are probably right and so I am going to follow your advice over this weekend. I will start with default styles and your suggestions and modify them into my own styles as I look for the images & styles to show off my ideas.

The real issue behind all this is I resent investing the time taken up by these indirect digital activities. Over the last 30 yrs I have wasted more time and $$$ in computer never-never land than I can bear to contemplate and now I find I have to do it all over again to create the real world practical business I want to develop. There I feel a little better now!

I will let you know how I get on - thank you so much for your comments - I value them greatly.

Jock

Look forward to it

Jock

Dave,
Looking thro your online material I can only hope you are away sailing in your Catalina 27. I sailed the Catalina 25 & 27 for 8 -10 years with my owner buddy - great fun! Lost the 27 to a hurricane! He put the insurance check into a SUV - not a good choice!!

I am away from my desk on Wednesday afternoon but around at any other time. Hope we can speak soon.

Jock

Right now I’m over Greenland at flight level 36 heading for Minneapolis.

Sadly, I sold the C27 a couple of weeks ago.

I’ll probably get in touch with you tomorrow.