My workflow for placing sections and elevations on a Layout page is:
- Insert a view, set the scene to “Elevation 1” and set the correct scale.
- Copy the view to the left or right and then change the scene of the copy to “Elevation 2”.
- Repeat as necessary.
Doing it this way aligns the viewports nicely, but it doesn’t typically align the objects within them, because the camera position is set “by hand” in each scene. So in order to get all my floors and ceilings to align across the page, I have to add the following steps to my process:
- With object snap on, move the viewport handle to a point on the floor.
- With grid snap on, move the viewport to a grid line.
- Repeat for each viewport.
All this position tweaking could be avoided if I could set up multiple Sketchup scenes with a consistent zoom and camera height. Is there any way to do that?