Corrupted Layout file - please help

Hello everyone. I was hard working on a project the last days but now it seems that my file is simply corrupted. I left the Sketchup open and I suspended windows when I went to sleep. Today morning I tried to openthe file but it didn´t work anymore. Could somebody please help me?

Below is the file to download from iTransfer:

WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free (file size: 124 Mb)

I also uploaded the back file (787 Mb). Here is the link: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

Thank you very much.

Unfortunately, the file you have uploaded contains 124 Megabytes of zeros.

Thank you for your reply. I also uploaded the backup file, which is considerably larger. Could you please check if you can open?

Thank you very much.

Sadly, the backup file contains the descriptions of thirteen pages of your document (perhaps the correct number?), eight PNG/JPG images, a CSV spreadsheet, and then ends abruptly near the end of an image named ‘Escada 01_554.png’. At least two important internal housekeeping files are missing which makes repairing the file difficult.

Do you have anything else to go back to?

Not to put too fine a point on it, this is not a good idea if you value your work.
Windows Suspend/Hibernate/Sleep etc are not reliable.
Personally I save and shut down my PC every day. If for some reason I decide to leave it running overnight I will set it to never turn off the hard drive while allowing the screens to turn off.

3 Likes

Is it possible to recover the readable thirteen pages? At least I don´t lose all the work done.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.