I thought I’d post this here as this has always been an issue with “out of the box SketchUp”. I’ve included a video of the problem, which doesn’t happen when using an extension like Edge Tools>Split Faces, only when trying to copy an edge using native tools. The basic breakdown is this:
- Create a Rectangle on the ground plane (say for a base cabinet of size 24"x24")
- Use Push/Pull to pull it up to a height (say counter height of 36")
- Copy the bottom front edge up (say to the height of a standard 4" kick)
- Use Push/Pull again to push the kick in (say 3")
- Select an upper side edge and try to copy it in (say 6") using the Move tool
- The edge isn’t copied unless I type 6" again (or any dimension)
As I said this works as expected only if you use extensions and consistently reproduced. It would be nice if it could be corrected. It has occurred in other instances as well but I know this one above is an effective example of the issue.