Converting Skp Files

Any student or educator ought to be able to get SketchUp Studio for $55 per year, instead of $1199. If you qualified you could use 2021, instead of 2017.

1 Like

What requirements would there be ?
I mean would the school have to grant access or anything like that ?

You would start on this page:

I don’t know all of the steps involved, but I think you need to use an EDU email, and prove that you’re a student or educator.

Ok, thank-you for the info…
Anyway I don’t think it would be very fair, as I am not really using it for educational purpose, just private/personnal use.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Sorry for the never-ending questions ; I was going to contact my technician, when I noticed there isn’t the option “run as admin” when I right-hand click on the extension (Eneroth’s Open Newer), I only get these options :

Anybody know why ?

You have to run SketchUp as admin (not the extension ene_open_newer_version.rbz file…)

I’ve already run my version of Sketchup (Make 2017) as admin…

I guess you installed the SU make as admin ( installer file sketchupmake-2017-2-2555-90782-en-x64.exe as admin). Did you?

Run the installation as admin is different than run the Sketchup as admin.
Or do I misunderstand? :thinking:

Well I don’t actually know what was run as admin, as I didn’t actually do it ; it was my school technician.
Logically I must have installed the installer file, but then I just passed my pc to the technician as I couldn’t open the installer file without an admin password (which I don’t have).
I should think he run the installer file as admin, but can’t be sure…

Sorry for the confusion :thinking:

I see. Since you don’t have admin rights your technician installed SU as it should be. That’s okay.

But again. Since you do not have admin rights. Yous should ask your technician again, to start Sketchup by right click on an installed shortcut, and Run as administrator.

When Sketchup is running, you can try again the Eneroth’s Open Newer extension and see if you still get an error or will work properly.

Ok, so I ask him to run Sketchup as admin and leave it open for me to then try Eneroth’s Open Newer extension ?

Yes. That’s it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.