Cone shape?

How do you make a cone…?

A circle and a triangle and Follow Me is a simple way to make a cone.

conse

I’ve several ways I use.
MAKE A CONE

1. To make a conical cylinder draw 2 concentric circles. Highlight centre face and select move and command key (I’m a Mac user) and pull to desired height. Go underneath and draw a cord or diagonal to close the geometry and delete the diagonal.

2. Pointed cone/conical cylinder. Make a cylinder and on the top face select outside circle. Use move on circle without pre selecting it and click on a cardinal point (aligned with red and green axes) and move in or out to desired shape.

3. Pointed cone/conical cylinder. Make a cylinder and on the top face select scale and move from corner handle and option key to desired dimensions.

4. Draw a circle and then a right angled triangle or wedge shape with the base the desired diameter of the base of cone, and use follow me around the circle. Go underneath and draw a cord or diagonal to close the geometry and delete the diagonal.

Options 1, 2, and 3 result in a truncated cone, not a cone. Option 4 is as I showed. If the face of the circle is deleted before running Follow Me or the path is not touching the profile, there’s no need to trace an edge segment to complete the face.
conse

1 Like

Thanks Dave.

1 Like

It’s useful to know those other options and the thing about not having the path and profile touching can be leveraged for things like extruding multiple profiles on the same path. Good to practice them all.

Thanks dave and Bill :+1:

Kaiden, instead of marking your thank-you reply as the solution for this topic, it would be more helpful to mark one of the replies that contain actual suggestions (such as the first one from @DaveR ) as the solution to this topic.

1 Like

Yeah I did actually mean to do that :stuck_out_tongue:
But clicked the wrong one evidently.