Color change on texture

I am trying to match the color on the brick pavers I have attached. The brick texture I found on Sketchup, and I would like that color to match the texture of the mosaic texture I found from another source. I have tried the color wheel, and just cannot seem to even get it close. Any easier ways on how to do this would be appreciated.

st. charles entry.skp (8.1 MB)

Match Color (inside SketchUp, or in Photoshop)

Orient the faces correctly and apply materials on front faces, not to back faces. Create components when you have repeating elements. Make groups from raw geometry.

1 Like

Good morning,

Thank you for getting back to me. I am still not able to change the color. I want to keep the columns as they are. I would like to use the same color of the brick surrounding the inlay pattern. Where I am having trouble, is when I use the “match color of an object tool”, from the border, and try to paint over the inlay, I do get the same color, but I loose the texture pattern.

Let me know if there is a way to do this.

Thanks again Mihai.

You shouldn’t be losing the texture. miahai.s isn’t painting the pavers, he’s only editing the color to match the columns. You can do the same thing by editing the RGB values to match.

Screenshot - 10_25_2020 , 7_23_08 AM

Screenshot - 10_25_2020 , 7_22_56 AM

He also made a good point. You should be getting in the habit of correcting reversed faces. All those exposed back faces will probably come back to haunt you later.

Thank you so much, I was able to correct the color change with the help of both of you. Have a great Sunday.