Clearrig the plug ins folder,,,,,

I want to install Sketch up Make completely free of plug ins. When I delete the program and re install the plug ins reappear.I have deleted the contents of the plugin folder but still they continue to appear. Can any one assist please.

Hi @david_fuller2,

I don’t see which OS you’re using so I’ll just answer for both. To clear your plugins, uninstall SketchUp normally and then delete the following folder:

Windows

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014

OS X

Macintosh HD/Users/YOUR USERNAME/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins

OR

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp

You can also review our Uninstall article from the Knowledge Center here for further details: http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/36209

Hope that helps!

In v2014 there are four ‘ShippedExtensions’ that come with SketchUp.
These four su_…rb files are auto-copied into your Plugins folder and then loaded as SketchUp starts.
So even if your Plugins folder is empty OR has been deleted/renamed these four will reappear [a new Plugins folder will get made, containing the four if it’s not there!].
The contents of that folder are always copied into your Plugins folder.
You could temporarily remove those four from the ‘ShippedExtensions’ folder, then they won’t load.
As the four are Extensions you could simply disable them under the Extensions manager pane: when SketchUp restarts the ,rb files will load BUT the main code that sets up those Extensions will not.
You have not explained why you wish to do this.
It is unwise to disable Extensions - like dynamic_components which could have unexpected results.
If you are simply trying to run SketchUp without any plugins loading then there’s a setting that can be changed in the Ruby Console:
Sketchup.plugins_disabled=true
When you restart NO plugins will be loaded - irrespective of what is in your Plugins folder.
This is remembered until you reset it with:
Sketchup.plugins_disabled=false
If you are trying to debug a Plugins folder of scripts, which you have copied across from say v8 or v2013, then the advice is DO NOT DO IT!
SketchUp v2014 uses a newer version of Ruby, so many Plugins have been reworked to be compatible with that.
Many older Plugins are simply incompatible with v2014 - get/install the latest versions.
There are still a few peripheral ones that have not yet been updated.
There are many discussions about those elsewhere…

That’s SU2014 mind you. In older versions of SketchUp for windows its located under Program Files.

Good point.

I reference SketchUp 2014 only because that is the only version of Make available.