Classic licensse 2018 pro

Hi,

I own a SketchUp Pro 2018 Classic (perpetual) licence, serial starting TA-, and I’m trying to activate it on my iMac.

What I’ve done so far:

  • Installed SketchUp Pro 2018 from the official link
  • Fixed the “Bummer, it looks like you’re offline” error by changing ONLINE_TEST_URL in i18n.dat to bing.com
  • Cleared ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018/WebCache
  • Restarted / force-quit several times

The Welcome window now shows “Licensed To: SketchUp Pro 2018 User, Expired”. When I click Add License, the License panel stays completely blank, so there’s nowhere to enter my serial number and authorization code. Screenshot attached.

In the last two days, three topics have been opened regarding this same issue with the older Classic versions like 2018, 2019, 2020.

I assume there is a temporary issue with the associated server on Trimble’s end—or, hopefully, nothing worse…

Your 2018 license is activated on three computers. The failures you’re seeing may be because of that. You could try removing the license from one of the computers that you’re not using any more, then see if it adds the license ok. I will message you with information on the three machines, in the hope that you then remember which computers have the license.

If the iMac you’re trying now is the same iMac you added the license to in 2017, I may be able to help fix that. Let me know if it is the same iMac when you reply to my message.

Hi Colin
Great that you have come back to me.
I don’t think i have the three machines any more
My main machine is a M3 imac
If that is any help
Cheers Simon

The M3 iMac isn’t going to be the one from 2017, and so would be a fourth computer you are trying to add the license to.

If you can get through to Support you could ask if there is something they can do. Some people had problems getting through, but here is the link if you want to try:

https://help.sketchup.com/en/contact-support/technical-question/form

I do have an imac from 2017 so that may well be but how do i deregister it.
Thanks

Simon

If you can open SketchUp and remove the license, that should free up one activation to use on the new iMac.

I accidently deleted my original copy of 2018 on this computer and downloaded a 2018 version from the web. could it be anything to do with that. Is there a safe place to download a 2018 version. The version I have now i cant do anything with. Also tried to contact sketchup but cant get through to anyone. A bit stuck now.

Cheers Simon