Centimeters template

Hello.
I’m on SketchUp Make 15.2.687 32 bit on Windows 7.

I read online that SketchUp has also a centimeters template (now I’m using millimeters template) for 3D drawings but in Preferences>Template there isn’t centimeters templates. I can download it somewhere?

1 Like

Why download? Just set centimeters in the Model Info->Units then Save As Template.

3 Likes

Better yet, systematically go through all the per model settings–not only units but also such settings as default font, default style and colors, camera position, lighting, default objects, and so on, and then save all these settings in a new template completely customized for your use. Most users end up doing something of the sort sooner or later. The templates that ship with SU are really just examples, or starting points for beginners.

-Gully

4 Likes

Great! Thanks slbaumgartner and Gully_Foyle for the tips. I had never noticed that you can edit the template, in my few days of experience!

In Sketchup Pro 2023 does not exist centimeters unit. Is there a centimeters template to download?

Setting Up Templates | SketchUp Help

1 Like

I’ve already read it. But in my Sketchup Pro 2023 release does not exist centimeters unit.

2024.02.12-Centimeters Template.pdf (832.8 KB)

centimeters

Windows - Model info - Units

1 Like

in sketchup 2023 PC, the non english versions, there has been a gremlin messing up the units a bit :

In french, Yard has been renamed Metres by accident. so there are two metres in the menu, and one of them actually gives you yards.

in italian, looking at your pdf, it’s Chilometri (km)
Look at the menu, you have two chilometri. One of them is between milimetri and metri.
Capture d’écran 2024-02-12 à 11.28.10

If you pick it, on the right you should see the unit appear as cm.

it’s a known translation bug, a bit different in each non english language

2 Likes