Ref the following thread, which was placed in the SketchUp > Technical Issues category:
Basically it is request for a post-purchase version exchange (rollback) as the customer’s platform will not support v2016.
These kinds of threads could have their own toplevel “Customer Service” category that CS could more easily monitor.
This “topcat” could have a sticky (pinned) post that may give the link to the CS webportal, the License Troubleshooter, the Contact webform, etc. (It seems people are not finding these pages, or looking for them, or even expecting them to exist, rather they just post here in the forums.)
The toplevel category might also have a few specific sub-categories:
- Licensing Issues
Feedback & Reviews (A place to fawn or gripe)
Here is an example (I just posted elsewhere) of some information that belongs in pinned post:
To upgrade Pro licenses for SketchUp:
Go to the SketchUp Licensing Troubleshooter webform, and:
(1) choose “Yes, I have purchased a license.” to the first question,…
(2) choose “I would like to upgrade my license.” to the second question.
Follow the instructions.
To download new installers for SketchUp:
(1) Determine the latest version that your hardware can support:
(2a) Go get that version, and choose your language in either the Pro (last 3 version) or Make (current version only) edition:
(2b) If you need an old version of SketchUp Make for an old platform or OS:
**[u]To upgrade Pro licenses for SketchUp[/u]:**
Go to the [**SketchUp Licensing Troubleshooter**](http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/1205653) webform, and:
**(1)** choose "**Yes, I have purchased a license.**" to the first question,...
**(2)** choose "**I would like to upgrade my license.**" to the second question.
**Follow the instructions.**
**[u]To download new installers for SketchUp[/u]:**
**(1)** Determine the latest version that your hardware can support:
* [SketchUp Hardware and software requirements](http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/36208)
**(2a)** Go get that version, and choose your language in either the **Pro** (last 3 version) or **Make** (current version only) edition:
* [SketchUp Product Downloads - All](http://www.sketchup.com/download/all)
**(2b)** If you need an old version of **SketchUp Make** for an old platform or OS:
* [SketchUp Make **2015** EN Download Links](http://forums.sketchup.com/t/where-can-i-download-sketchup-make-2015-for-mac-os-x-10-11-2/19195/4)
* [SketchUp Make **2014** EN Download Links](http://forums.sketchup.com/t/sketchup-make-2014-download-links-provided-here/11472)
BUMP! No response or thoughts by anyone ?
I just recently was engaged in several threads on licensing issues.