"This topic will automatically close in 3 months."

What is the “official” definition of a “zombie post” ?

But SU2015 is still supported. Users with older hardware or older OSes, are still having to install these older SketchUp versions, so for them these topics, are still relevant.

And what is “the feed” ? anyway? An RSS feed ?

Or do you just mean the “Latest” list ? If so, then I’d expect some other means to filter THAT LIST, rather than choke off every topic thread on the system.

I think YOU GUYS should have been in front of this, and the ones to start this topic, and a discussion, rather than just surprising us and initiating a change without prior discussion or warning.

Again,… we had a discussion and a resolution in this topic:
Is there a time limit to edit a post?

This Meta category, and all the Developer categories, as well as the Dynamic Components category are also ones where the topics are generally “timeless”.

Most of the repeated resurrections are occurring with technical and licensing issues.
(I had asked that licensing get it’s own category where people could go to find answers, and then you could better control these threads.)

The problem isn’t the resurrecting of threads,… instead the main problem is new users not searching the forum, and posting the same issues again and again in NEW topic threads (even though the issue has been solved in existing threads.)

I wish new users would be sent to a search form landing page, that might talk them through a search for their issue, and present them with relevant “hits”. (It appears that the dynamic “your post in similar to…” right pane feature is just being ignored, and is never used. The user just posts the repeat issue anyway.

4 Likes