Can't use geo location - Tells me to keep logging in

I would like to use the Geo Location and every time I try to use it, it asks me to log in. So I log in and nothing happens? Driving me nuts! Need help. Thank you!

Mike

What version of SketchUp are you using? Please complete your profile. That information helps us help you.

Did you install SketchUp correctly? That means did you right click on the downloaded installer and choose run as administrator?

Sorry about missing info in helping you solve my issues.
I haven’t had any issues with SU so I’m guessing I installed correctly through Admin. I’m using version SU Pro2020

That’s not necessarily a good assumption. Close SketchUp, find the installer (or download it from sketchup.com/download/all), right click on it and choose Run as administrator. Then when presented with the option, choose Repair. This will ensure that files get installed with the proper permissions.

Maybe you could update your profile here so the question doesn’t get asked again. :wink:

So I tried it again, closed out opened up a new 2020 file and I got a message saying that I should install the latest version which would be your 2021, Is this something I should do or try your suggestion 1st? Thanks!

It’s not my version. I don’t work for SketchUp. I’m just trying to help you.

If your license will allow you to upgrade to 2021, you should do that. It will install as a separate version from 2020. If you do install 2021, install it as I directed above by right clicking on the installer and choosing Run as adminstrator.

If you aren’t going to upgrade to 2021, download the latest 2020 installer from the link I provided and do as I wrote in my previous post.

Ok, I will give it a try. Appreciate your help. I will let you know if it worked. Thank you.

1 Like

So I’m still getting that message about logging in on ver2020 but 2021 has allowed for me to access geo location so at least that works. Appreciate your help.

Best,
Mike

Did you repair the 2020 version as DaveR told you?
Installing 2021 the correct way doesn’t repair 2020 as they are separate installs…

1 Like