Can't save a file with Makeup free version

Is this normal? Is there no such thing as free version?

Any way to fix this ? Should i redownload and install?

Thanks,

Bryan

Your profile says you are using Sketchup Free which Is the browser based version, but your topic mentions “makeup” which sounds a bit like Sketchup Make which is the no-cost stand alone application version last updated in 2017. Both can save files but trouble shooting will depend slightly on which version you are using. Can you clarify? Since you are talking download I’ll assume you’re using make, what happens when you try to save file?

When i try to save it crashes and closes. Not at home so dont know version

I know next to nothing about anything that isn’t a Mac, but as I understand it sketchup for windows must be installed while running as “administrator” which requires a right click before running the installer. Search the forum for run as administrator to learn more. If not done I gather all sorts of odd behavior can ensue. Are you saving to a disk you have permission for?

Yep i did that and its still not saving

endlessfix Regular
January 17 |

I know next to nothing about anything that isn’t a Mac, but as I understand it sketchup for windows must be installed while running as “administrator” which requires a right click before running the installer. Search the forum for run as administrator to learn more. If not done I gather all sorts of odd behavior can ensue. Are you saving to a disk you have permission for?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

bgreifinger
January 17 |

When i try to save it crashes and closes. Not at home so dont know version
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.