Can't open Sketchup Make 2017 on OS High Sierra (bugsplat!), please help!

mac

Hi, I’ve been trying to follow the instructions other users have posted for this problem but I don’t understand what the problem is or what to do about it (I don’t understand the terminology) … So far I uninstalled SU, cleaned everything and installed it again, but nothing happens. I cannot even open it to save my models in an earlier version. (frustrating!)

First things first: are you submitting the BugSplat reports with information identifying you so that Trimble can respond? Based on the reports, they should be able to give you a pretty good diagnosis of the problem. You should receive an error log number when you submit a BugSplat, and it would help to reference that number here too.

When and from where did you download the installer? There was a patch version (17.3.116) issued last Fall to address issues with High Sierra. It is available on the Trimble website. That version runs fine on my mid-2012 MacBook Pro Retina under macOS 10.13.3.

I submitted the report, but It happened today and I still haven’t received any answer. (Crash Report #92229)

I downloaded SU from the sketchup free webpage… 10 days ago.

My computer ran a couple of updates this morning and suddenly everything started working properly again… No reasons, no explanations…

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.