Can't make group in web shop

I have web shop Sketchup. I create a simple box, select entire thing, right click to group and but the group doesn’t make, and sometimes the whole screen turns beige, and group not made. Any thoughts?

Also, all edges are dashed and I can’t find place to turn that off.

Can you share the .skp file so we can see what you’re working with?

What browser are you using? What version of Mac OS? What graphics card?

ok, thanks!

DW 205.skp (2.7 MB)

It works fine for me in Chrome. What browser are you using? Are you actually right clicking on the geometry?

You really should be working with the camera set to Perspective. Save Parallel Projection for exported images of the model. As it is, you have the camera set at a great distance from the model which can cause you problems.

safari, I’m on Mac. I’ll try it in camera view…

See my edits.

It’s not “camera view”, it’s Perspective view.

that’s what I meant, perspective.
well, I WASN"T actually clicking on face when I right-clicked, so that seems to work, thanks.
can you tell me why edges are solid on your screen shot, but dashed on my model?
thanks!! msg

Yes. You need to have the cursor on the selection for it to do what you are asking.

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing? It might be that you have back edges turned on. If so, press k to turn them off.

same screen with “k” clicked

Do you see the same thing in Chrome?

Did you start this model in Shop? It looks like the geometry has been given a tag with a dashed style applied.

One thing I notice is you are using tags incorrectly in the model you uploaded. You have the tag A-Wall set as active (pencil icon) but you should always leave Untagged as active and all edges and faces should be left untagged. Only groups and components should get other tags.

I don’t have Chrome, just Safari. I imported a dwg to this file, perhaps that’s where all this came from. I’ll start with clean file and only use tags for groups and components. Thanks so much for your help! MGS

1 Like

Yes. It could have come from an import. I was wondering where all the tags came from.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.