Can't log into sketchup 2020 pro

Problematic URL:

I have just downloaded sketchup 2020 after starting free trial. the program launches with correct permissions, but will not launch the browser to sign in. the free web version works correctly. upon inspection, sketchup isnt attempting to launch the browser. sketchup pro 2020 reinstall has already been tried.

Sketchup Pro 2020
Windows 7 x64

When you installed SketchUp 2020 did you right click on the downloaded installer and choose Run as administrator?

Yes sir.

Which web browser is your default? Even in Windows 10 IE can have issues. Can you try either Chrome or Firefox?

Srware Iron is my default (chrome based) and has no problem running the web version, slow and clunky as it is.

The ability to run the web version isn’t the issue. The difficulty is that SketchUp asks Windows to ask the default browser to go to a local server page. That’s the bit that can fail.

Ah, I see. I have had an issue with my OS installation as long as I can remember - default browser is never updated after changing the preference.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.