Can't install Quartz X11 on Mac running High Sierra

I want to install Quartz X11 so I can use the Kerkythea rendering software, but I can’t get X11 to install–it hangs at the last step of the process. I’m running High Sierra. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions for a solution?
Thanks as always.

It’s been a long time since I installed quartz, so don’t remember clearly. But I have a vague recollection that as the last step it generates all the X11 fonts, and that can take quite a while. How long did you give it? Does activity monitor show it churning away?

It hangs when it says there’s less than a minute to go for the install. It’s the stage of moving files into place, or words to that effect. Maybe I’m being too impatient. I’ll try it again and give it some more time. Thanks for the advice.

I’ve found that time-to-go estimates are often based on an instantaneous look at rate of something, and can be wildly wrong. Sometimes I see them go down and then go back up. So give it a good long time and see what happens.

Well, “less than a minute” became a half-hour, but Quartz finally installed. Time sure flies when you’re having fun.
Thanks again.