High sierra

I just downloaded SU 2021 and I got a message that it does not support OS High Sierra. Does this mean I won’t be able to use it? I don’t want to update my OS because High Sierra seems to have the least amount of issues.

It might work but it’s not supported. You should give it a try with the 30-day trial period.

I’d like to know, because that’s the latest version I have on my newest machine, but I haven’t tried yet. What about Mojave? I’d like to install that, but not beyond, as that’s the last OS to run legacy 32 bit apps.

@RTCool I wouldn’t expect any sort of official yes it will or no it won’t work sort of thing. In the past SketchUp versions have worked on older unsupported operating systems at least to an extent. I imagine that the it’s not only the operating system but hardware (graphics cards) and their drivers that come into play. Probably the only way to find out would be to try it for yourself.

True. I already installed and have used DaVinci Resolve 16 on High Sierra even though that’s not officially supported either.

1 Like

Same here. I want to stay with 32 bit apps (photoshop 6, etc.) After a computer meltdown a few months ago, I replaced the hard drive and all the tech guys said High Sierra is the most stable OS.

I’m running SU 2021 on Mojave, and don’t notice any problems - don’t know about High Sierra.

On this iMac I have versions of SU back to v8 M2, to use for plugin testing. For the limited use that requires, I’ve not had problems.

Don’t want to upgrade OS further until there are 64 bit versions of a couple of important programs I use.

Are you using Vray 5 as well? A little nervous about that too.

No, i have very little experience of any renderer, and none at all of Vray in any version. Sorry.