Can't insert my component

I created a component in Sketchup free and uploaded it to the 3D warehouse. I attempted to insert it from the 3D warehouse into a model i was working on. The component would not insert and a message popped up saying the component was created in a newer version of sketchup and could not be inserted. I opened a new blank model and was not able to insert the component either. I am confused how it would be a different version when i created the component and attempted to use it in the same sketchup.

Can you share the name of the component so we can find it in the Warehouse and try it for ourselves?

“ice maker box” by Joe K.

I tried to open the part in the 3d warehouse viewer and it said i have version 19.0.0 and i need version 20.0.0

That’s odd since there is no version 2020. At least yet. @psaal, thoughts?

I’m on my phone at the moment but I will look when I get home.

Just got home. Found a component by the right name in the Warehouse and downloaded it. It went into 2019 with no problem. This is what I see.

I do see the message when trying to open it in SketchUp Shop, though.

I don’t know if this is a Warehouse problem or a SketchUp for Web problem. Maybe the latter.

This is what I see.

I too thought it might be an SU Free issue and that shop would work, but this error comes in shop.

I see that too. Also after dismissing the notice the viewer orbits but there’s nothing visible.

Thanks for reporting the issue @joe.k and @Shep We’ve identified the cause and will have a fix in place as soon as possible. The issue only impacts models that were uploaded in the previous two days.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.