Can't find Serial Number and Authorization Code

Sketchup Pro 2021
I can’t access the geolocation feature. It says I’m logged out. I’m not logged out but but my license isn’t found. I do have a paid license. I know I should have this on file but I can’t find it anywhere and I can’t seem to find it on the website. How do I access it or who do I contact to get it?

With a subscription license, as your profile indicates you have, there is no serial number no authorization code. The e-mail address and password you used when you purchased the subscription serves that purpose. Try signing out and signing in again. That generally takes care of it.

Also make sure you installed SketchUp 2021 correctly. That involves right clicking on the downloaded installer and choose Run as administrator. If you didn’t do that or you aren’t sure, closeSketchUp and LayOut, find the downloaded installer or download it again from Download All | SketchUp Then right click on it, select Run as administrator from the Context menu and if presented with the option, choose Repair.

1 Like

you could check the status of your license with the SketchUp License Manager.

What Dave said will be the case for you. There is a known issue that we haven’t figured out yet, where you are signed in but Add Location thinks you’re not. Signing out and in again is usually a permanent fix, you won’t have to do it next time. But, when trying low speed Internet testing I’ve found the problem comes up more.

Thanks
You are correct. I logged out and back in and everything is fine.

FYI… I am having an issue with Windows where it signs me out of everything all the time so Sketchup isn’t the center of this problem.

1 Like

Windows does that to me when I shut down and reboot or when it does it during an automatic update. Kind of annoying but it’s made me able to remember my passwords. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the same problem and every time I open SK it asks for the serial number and Authorization code.

Please help me with the Serial Number and Authorization Code. My operating system is 64 bit

Are you using sketchup 2020?

It’s in an e-mail you received after purchasing SketchUp. SketchUp support also has a system for retrieving your old codes at https://www.sketchup.com/license/renew