Can't download models from 3DWarehouse anymore

I am using SU Make 16.1.1450 32-bit.
I have been designing a remodel for my house. I have downloaded models of ranges and sinks from the 3D Warehouse in the past. Now, I get the message that I need to update my version of SU. Why is this?

Use your 2018 version, the Warehouse supports the latest three versions…

If your profile isn’t correct, and there is a reason you need to stay with 32 bit Make 2016 (instead of using Make 2017), models have Collada as a download option. Those import into Make 2016 ok.

2 Likes

My Windows 7 is 32-bit. I intend to upgrade but not till I finish this project.

So, can I move to SketchUp Make 2017? I don’t know how to use Collada. I did a Google search and learned a little about it. I don’t know how to start to get the models I want.

Thanks all.

Rick

My Windows 7 is 32-bit. I intend to upgrade but not till I finish this project.

So, can I move to SketchUp Make 2018? I don’t know how to use Collada. I did a Google search and learned a little about it. I don’t know how to start to get the models I want.

Thanks all.

Rick

There is no SketchUp 2018 Make. Your profile says you have 2018 Pro. Since your operating system is 32-bit, you can’t be using SketchUp 2018. It would help if you put correct information in your profile.

As for importing the Collada file after you download it, go to File>Import and set the file type to Collada.

The later SketchUp versions are 64 bit, you will need to stick with 2016.

For Collada, you select that as the download type from 3D Warehouse, and in the scene you want to use it I, you use File/Import, and select Collada from the file types menu.

As soon as I select “Download” , I get this message. I cannot choose Collada.

Go to the 3D Warehouse in your browser, not in SketchUp. Then click on the red Download button and select the Collada file as dezmo shows.

Okay. I see. You’re getting to 3D Warehouse from a browser outside of SU.

I’ll do that.

Rick

That works. Thanks.