Can SketchUp 2015 Pro produce a list of materials for estimating?

I need to produce material lists for job cost projections. I am pretty sure that SketchUp can do this, but I have no idea where to start… other than I believe I would need to use dynamic components. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks SS

Something like cutlist?

Why do you believe you need Dynamic Components? It sounds like you just need to assign a material to each component and generate a report? Exactly what sort of output are you looking for? There may be existing plugins that can do what you want.

Something like that. I need to be able to assign unit prices and generate a summary report that would output subtotals of metal, lumber, fasteners, doors & windows, etc. and a grand total.

I need to be able to assign unit prices and generate a summary report that would output subtotals of metal, lumber, fasteners, doors & windows, etc. and a grand total. Can that be done?

If you are still looking for and estimating solution for SketchUp, check out Estimator for SketchUp. You can assign costs to components, along with associated costs, layers, materials, quotes, etc. to account for all costs associated with your model http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/estimator-sketchup

I would like to know, if it is possible to set a meeting or voice
conference to get an idea and basic understanding of how the program
works. The designer that was using the program was let go and numerous
designs were designed with your program. I was hired and am having
trouble with the designs. Any help you will be able to offer will be
greatly appreciated…

Thank You

Johnny Bertrand

Hi Johnny-

Are you referring to understanding of SketchUp? I am a SketchUp user but not affiliated with them. I am a custom home builder/designer who created an estimating extension for SketchUp users because I needed a robust estimating system to take-off quantities and generate estimates. If you need assist with SketchUp and understanding the program, I would suggest reaching out to them or the numerous training sites (sketchucation, YouTube videos (how I learned) - there are a lot of training companies out there. Hope I understood you properly - if it is the estimating extension itself you would like to learn more about, please let me know - good luck!

It can be done with a plugin called Budgetime that I have developped. I am an architect, and I have been desperately looking for something like this until I decided to code it with a informatician friend. Not only will it give you the cost of your project but also the time needed ! Enjoy !

what is your estimating extension… Interested.

Hello - you can check out Estimator for SketchUp here (www.estimatorforsketchup.com)- there is 14-day free trial. Basically Estimator allows you to assign cost data and generate takeoffs for everything in your model and in a variety of ways/methods depending upon your needs. Please email directly with any questions to john@estimatorforsketchup.com