Can I weld lines in a Go account?

I am newbie in Go. I think I understand that my interfaces are SketchUp for Web and iPad SketchUp.

Do I have access to welding lines?

I have not seen anything about extensions which I understand has Weld capabilities.

The reason I think I need something like Weld is that the dotted lines I get from picking that format from a tag editor is disrupted by the fact that lines that I have are in rather small segments and the formatting between line segments seem to be independent of each other so that they do not keep continuity among segments.

A possible complicating factor is the problem lines cross other colored lines which is what has caused the line segmentation.

This should help with understanding SketchUP:

To help achieve your goals, some time spent at the SketchUp Campus and at the SketchUp - YouTube channel will be very worthwhile. Both sites are from the SketchUp team. On the YouTube channel, pay attention to the Square One Series and Level UP series. They cover the basics for each tool.

1 Like

@johnksellers are you pulling linework in from a dwg or generating it in SketchUp?

I think You have your answer here Weld edges - #20 by johnksellers

Good try, but that was me who wrote that suggestion… what I said about GPT being helpful is true, however this the one case in which it didn’t find an answer for me ias I only got Go. It told me Go was more limited and Pro had the answer…. But $200+ is a little rich for me to get better dotted lines.

This is strictly in Go: SketchUp for Web.

Right, but are you generating the linework in Go or is this imported linework. Might also be helpful to see an example of what you’re seeing.

You can go and believe how f…ing A Intelligent is.
But better to go https://learn.sketchup.com/ and see what the difference is e.g. between visual dashes (“dotted lines” - what the tag give), and a real edges.

There are real teachers here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SketchUpVideo

It’s unclear what you’re trying to do (or working with). But if you select multiple edges and then right click, the Weld Edges should show in menu.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 164027

Show us what the issue is and we may be able to help you.