Blue axis constraint (up/down arrow) not happening

You’ve got the order of operations wrong. As Steve points out, arrow key before clicking to start the circle.

Thank you, now the constrain works!

Thanks - this helped me too!

YES!!! you rock!

None of this has helped so far. I have an object, un-gluing doesn’t show as an option (I also didn’t glue it- brand new free hand object- meant to create topo) and the object does not lift; the blue axis refuses to show. SU2022, I am just learning but am very frustrated with this issue. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Sandbox Tools.skp (104.2 KB)

I’m guess ing you re hoping to use Autofold to turn this into 3D terrain. Unfortunately Auto Fold just isn’t appropriate in this case. It works great for regular shapes like circles but not for your irregular ones.
af

Instead, delete the faces in your shape and use Move to move the contours up to the desired heights. Then use the From Contours tool in the Sandbox tools to create the surface.
sand

Using move goes left/ right etc. It will not follow the blue axis, the blue axis doesn’t even show up. Thank you

Activating Auto Fold will let you move the face in the blue direction. Pay attention to the message at the bottom left of the model window for the modifier key to use with Move. Still, as I showed, AutoFold is not going to be appropriate in this particular case. Do what I showed in my previous post.

Thank you

Actually, no this didn’t help. You are correct in guessing that my goal is to contour these lines but before I can activate the contour tool I need to do the very simple act of move the lines up to my desired height (nothing specific). I use the arrow key to highlight the line I want to raise up. Then I choose the move tool and that is where it fails. I cannot move up the blue axis. Even using a blue axis line as a guide fails. It will move right, it will move left, I can see the green and red axis when it goes in those direction but it won’t show the blue axis and it will not let me move along it. I am using SU2022. This is why I was looking for un-glue, I thought that perhaps my shapes had auto-glued themselves but I cannot find an un-glue option either. Do you have any suggestions on how to trick SU2022 into following the blue axis. please. I thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Did you delete the faces?
sand

When you start moving the contours up, press and release the Up arrow key.

As I wrote before Unglue doesn’t apply in your model. That is for components that have gluing properties.

Cut the out the faces- wasn’t sure what you meant- now I do. As empty shapes, it works, thank you. That really does help.

As I wrote…

Glad you got there.

2 Likes

This is wrong.

Follow these steps:

1 - Select the line

2 - Select the Move tool

3 - Press and release the Up Arrow key to force the move along the blue axis.

4 - Grab the line and move it up (press the Left Mouse Button (LMB) on the line, keep it pressed, move where required then release de LMB.

Thank you.

Unglue option worked for me also. Thank you so much!

@slbaumgartner If this was reddit I’d have given you an award for this (almost 8 years later lol).

For my particular issue I created it too quickly and I guess somehow I had the glue option assigned…my rat brain can vaguely remember setting it to cut holes, does that cause it to glue?

To cut holes a component must be set to ‘Glue To’. (it needs to know the plane matching the future face that needs to be cut)
A ‘Glue To’ component on the other hand can be created without setting it to cut holes.