Move tool not locking into blue axis

Move tool is not locking in to blue axis. Acts like green axis when it should be locked in to blue axis.

1 Like

Share a screenshot or model, please. I am sure we can get it worked out.

If I use the move tool and try to lock in the blue axis on my mac with the up arrow, I can only move the object along the green axis (which appears blue)

Sorry, wrong image!!

Yeah… I was a little confused…

1 Like

Right-click and click Unglue?

1 Like

I selected the disc in blue in the screen shot and cannot move it upwards on the blue axis as I am able to with other objects. Weird.

Only have a simple mac mouse. Where do I find unglue? Thanks for your help, just getting to know sketchup.

Move tool works on green and red axes and up to now has worked on blue axis.

It shows a blue axis when I move it, but I can only move the object on a horizontal plane, not vertically.

Has you computer been awake for a long time… as in many days if not weeks.

Coming out of sleep mode is a lot better these days, but I still experience the odd malfunction when I haven’t reboot the system for quite a while… (typically a couple of weeks +).

Your five posts stating the same thing have made that abundantly clear. Hold Control while clicking on the object. Choose Unglue from the Context menu.

1 Like

…and also think seriously about buying yourself a standard three button mouse with a scroll wheel. It’s the intended way to drive SketchUp and a much more pleasurable experience.

4 Likes

Thank you for making the tip abundantly clear! It works!