Bezier Curves Tool

Could we get the functionality of the Bezier Curves tool in SketchUp added to the core code of SketchUp Shop and SketchUp Free? Please? I know the web version of SketchUp doesn’t support extensions, but could it not be added to the core code?

Joe…

Thanks for the suggestion, Joe- I can see how that would be useful in your woodworking projects. As always, I can’t promise we’ll be able to get to this right away, but we’re launching new features all the time.

john

Thanks for listening John.

Joe…

Drawing curves is basic, ridiculous this feature doesn’t exist

Forum guideline basics: ‘are you adding something new to the discussion?’
Instead of calling something ‘ridiculous’ can you elaborate why you think this is a basic feature?

‘You’ll catch more flies with honey then with vinegar’

All relevant description was included in the first post, I just liked that post and added one of mine to emphasize that I think that curves are a basic feature that should be included in the web edition. Last post here is from 3 months ago so sometimes threads needs to revive.

I agree with jpz. Not all curves are sections of a circle, but that’s what all the current curve tools produce. It would be good to have a bezier curve tool in the lineup. The best analogy I can think of is adding the rotated rectangle tool to complement the rectangle tool.
dh

How did you make this post?