Bezier Curves Tool

Could we get the functionality of the Bezier Curves tool in SketchUp added to the core code of SketchUp Shop and SketchUp Free? Please? I know the web version of SketchUp doesn’t support extensions, but could it not be added to the core code?

Joe…

Thanks for the suggestion, Joe- I can see how that would be useful in your woodworking projects. As always, I can’t promise we’ll be able to get to this right away, but we’re launching new features all the time.

john

Thanks for listening John.

Joe…

Drawing curves is basic, ridiculous this feature doesn’t exist

Forum guideline basics: ‘are you adding something new to the discussion?’
Instead of calling something ‘ridiculous’ can you elaborate why you think this is a basic feature?

‘You’ll catch more flies with honey then with vinegar’

All relevant description was included in the first post, I just liked that post and added one of mine to emphasize that I think that curves are a basic feature that should be included in the web edition. Last post here is from 3 months ago so sometimes threads needs to revive.

I agree with jpz. Not all curves are sections of a circle, but that’s what all the current curve tools produce. It would be good to have a bezier curve tool in the lineup. The best analogy I can think of is adding the rotated rectangle tool to complement the rectangle tool.
dh

How did you make this post?

I too desperately need a bezier curve tool. It is standard in every other drawing and CAD program so it’s pretty disappointing and crippling that it is not available in SketchUp Free.

I’m just curious why you are so desperate for this tool.

If you really are desperate, you could use a desktop client version of SketchUp while you wait.

That’s what I’ve done. I thought the web version was supposed to replace it. I design stuff that happens to have curves so it is essential for my work. I just thought that bezier curve tools were pretty standard and am genuinely surprised that it is not included here.

It will eventually. It’s getting new features added all the time.

If you are using SketchUp for your work, you need to be using sketchUp Pro or SketchUp Shop. The free versions are not licensed for work.

There’s never been a native Bezier tool in any version of SketchUp so it’s not unique to the web-based versions.