AVI file export fails to produce a file at 1080HD in SKU 2017

pro
export
su2017
avi
1080hd

Hi All,

We are having an issue with any file, small to large where SKU 2017 will not export a file to AVI at 1080HD.

The export will run to 100% but it will not produce a file. I have seen others posting this but there does not seem to be an answer.

After testing various output options, the export is fine at 720HD and a file is produced. So it is only when selecting 1080HD when it fails to produce a file.

SKU 2016 as a note on the same machines is fine with exporting 1080HD.

Any advice?

Info: SKU 2017 64BIT
Window 7 64 BIt
GPU: Quadro K2200 4GB
MEM: 32GB
CPU: XEON E5-1620 @ 3.5GHZ

AVI Animation export issue remains in SU 2018

Two questions:

Was SketchUp installed correctly? That is, did you right click on the installer file and use Run as administrator?

Are the graphics drivers for the video card up to date?

Installer was run correctly and users have Local Admin rights. Also tested on my Box and I am the IT Admin for the office.

Video Card Drivers up to date.

SKU 2016 has been left on the Machines as a side note. As noted, this runs the export to 1080HD and creates the file.

The issue only lies with 2017 where exporting to AVI and 1080HD where no file gets created after the export finishes.

As a note: MP4 at 1080HD works with no issues.

We need 1080HD AVI though (Uncompressed)

720HD as an AVI does work as a workaround but it would be good to get to the bottom of why 1080HD AVI exports do not create the file after getting to / finishing 100% completion.

I suggest contacting Customer Support and formally opening a support ticket.

(As you noted, there are already numerous forum threads opened on this issue. Opening another will not really help much. Ie, the forum is not really pro support and threads can easily be ignored or lost in all the other “noise.”)

https://forums.sketchup.com/search?q=avi%20export%20category%3A28

Thanks, Have done just that.

If I get an answer I will post here.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.