Autosave not autosaving

So I just noticed that I am not AutoSaving, and back ups aren’t being made on the regular

I am using SketchUp 2019, Autosave is on for every 5 minutes, I am using Windows 10 64bit, and I redirected autosaving to my non-boot disk.

I’ve done the Googling and read past questions to no avail…

Anyone else having this issue?

Which version of 2019 are you using? If it’s not 19.1.173, you should upgrade (download here).

• On Windows, recovered files are now saved here: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\SketchUp\SketchUp 2019\SketchUp\working\SKETCHUP\RecoveredFiles
  • On the Mac, recovered files are now saved here: ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2019/working/SKETCHUP/Recovered Files

I am on 19.1.174

And only active files are there, nothing from past work

I didn’t know you could redirect where autosave goes to.

For the folder Mike gave, you would only see autosave files for work you have done since doing the 19.1 update. Before that the files were saved somewhere else. Also, each time you save a file, or close it without saving, the associated autosave file will be removed. Really, autosave files are mainly for if you get a crash, and when you open SketchUp again you will see the file marked as Recovered. In cases like that you would want to open the Recovered version, then Save As to where you want the file to be.

Did you upgrade from SU2018 to SU2019 M1 (19.1.174) directly, or did you upgrade from SU2019 M0 to M1?

Its a clean install of 2019 on a new machine

And I may have misspoke regarding autosave when I meant default model save location

Auto-save (aka, recovered files) are stored here:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\SketchUp\SketchUp 2019\SketchUp\working\SKETCHUP\RecoveredFiles

Backup files are saved in the default document directory, and have a .skb extension as opposed to the regular .skp file extension.

so you are saying that the autosave file is available after skp crashes? BUT only once? If i have to do a restart computer will it be there? (recovered files) Macos skp 19.1

Before 19.1, no, the auto save file would have be erased by macOS. With 19.1 the save is done to a folder that the system doesn’t erase. My folder shows five files, going back more than three weeks.

FYOOD

PC’s xxx.SKP backup files are in the same folder, named xxx.SKB
MAC’s xxx.SKP backup files are in the same folder, named xxx~.SKP

AutoSaved files are a separate thing - made to cover catastrophic failures - and as explained earlier, they are stored elsewhere…