Auth token cannot be used. The user must sign in

I’ve been having the same issue today - it worked for me on the second attempt (the sign-in window said it was relaunching the browser page, and then I got the normal sign-in).

Terrifying… Trimble!! Thanks a lot!!

I’ve been having the same problem since I switched from iMac to MacStudio. Several times a day Sketchup crashes + randomly getting the message that ’ Auth token cannot be used…’ Reinstalled Sketchup several times and deleted the log files but that brought me nothing. It’s extremely annoying and almost unworkable. Hope that an update will solve this problem? Cause I don’t know what else I can do. Maybe switch to an older version? Big problem then is that I cannot open the files I made in the 2022 version…

1 Like

The auth token can’t be used message relates to whether you are signed in or not. Most times a sign out and in again fixes things. Sometimes you have to close SketchUp after signing out, to give SketchUp a fresh chance to update some support files.

When that doesn’t work you can delete a login file, which then gets regenerated. For your case, where you have crashing, it’s more likely that you’ll need to delete that file. Follow the steps in the article, and it should clear any auth token messages. You may have an unrelated problem that is causing the crashing.

https://support.sketchup.com/s/article/Log-in-errors

Is this a recently occurring problem? I have never had this issue before but it has cropped up in the past few days, and happens every time I use SketchUp. It’s annoying to have to close the program and sign in again every time, especially if I have multiple files open. Hopefully this is an issue that can be resolved in an update. So far I think it has been happening more commonly when trying to open a file directly from the Mac files browser.

Edit: I think for me it only happens when already signed in and using Sketchup, and then wanting to open another file. I can be signed in working on a model whilst at the same time not signed in and thus unable to open a new file.

This is actually turning into a complete nightmare. Every time I use SketchUp I seem to get hit with this notification. Since 5th October I have had to go through the whole log out - log in thing (with 2 factor authentication) 7 times.

Before June this year I had never encountered this kind of problem. I have been using SketchUp since 2009 so this feels like a massive regression.

There were some issues recently at our end of things. Those problems are solved now, and I hope we’re finished with unexpected auth token and other sign in issues.

Please let me know if new cases come up.

I keep having this authenticity token issue every time as well. The only thing that works is to quit and come back in. But after that it only lets you have one sketchup file open at once ( you get the authenticity token message if you try to have 2 files open at once) and that doesn’t work for my needs.
This has never happened before until recently. I am on a Mac Big Sur OS. What is a long term fix, Trimble? I have signed repeatedly into Trimble, etc and it says my license is valid and that I’m signed in. I am really having a hard time here.

Sign out before you quit
Then start SketchUp

I keep having this authenticity token issue every time as well. The only thing that works is to quit and come back in. But after that it only lets you have one sketchup file open at once ( you get the authenticity token message if you try to have 2 files open at once) and that doesn’t work for my needs.
This has never happened before until recently. I am on a Mac Big Sur OS. I have signed repeatedly into Trimble, etc and it says my license is valid and that I’m signed in. I am really having a hard time here. This is making me very inefficient in my job. I just restarted just now on Oct 16th at 1:30 pm central. I can only have 1 file open. When I try open a second I get the token error. What is a long term fix, Trimble? Whatever you think you have resolved is clearly not working.

Did you go through all of the steps in this article?

I HAVE used all these sign in sign out, drop down help menu run around steps.
Its awful
yes we can spend our time signing out and signing in and getting no help. it happens EACH DAY and multiple times while moving from client to client.

quitting my entire computer and sketch up and layout each time is not a system we need to pay to work with.

can sketch up PRO actually provide a serious fix for this. its exhausting.

2 Likes

Completely agree. Its shutting down my office work

stop saying that.
we all keep doing it and this is no way to run a company read all these frustrated Pro Users

Sorry, I was replying to another user that wasn’t following the exact steps to get rid of the problem.
The most important step on the Mac is quiting the app after signing out.
(Oops, said it again…)
This is not the official support site for SketchUp, just users amongst users.

This is NOT WORKING.

Even when completely signing out.
Or when using the .dat resign in
nothing works
ive shut down the application
my computer
so frustrating

A complete nightmare.

If it is not working for you, then there might be something else going on.
Maybe follow the steps to delete the loginsession file

Thanks mike
I’ve followed these steps. A few times. ReBooted my computer. After numerous times (so frustrating) it works, only to do the same thing as I move between clients or files.
Not a great way to maneuver through your day. Shutting down your applications or computer again and again and again

Thanks

Thanks - the article steps worked so far. thanks!