Artisan Organic Tools explain added geometry: knife tool

Hello All, just looking for an explanation if possible as I have worked around the issue that is being created. Not knowing why it is happening is the big thing. One of their tools for subdivision and smoothing, the knife tool. They mention to have parallel projection active while using it to cut or divide between the points. It creates a “loop cut” that are a sequence of edges all on the same plane, hence a continuous loop. The advantage- cleaner geometry and better results?? Plus parallel projection will avoid these also…NO!!
This info is from there User`s Guide PDF pages 28 to 41 explaining and providing examples w/ steps.

As you create a cut from one point across the face to the next point, it adds random lines on selected object as well as un-selected or other completed items or arrays. Making individual groups is the only prevention, as you have to open the one your cutting and now only it is effected. Yes a few extra steps will prevent it but I want to know what is causing it. Thats what is bugging me, as what is wrong is just as important then getting it right. SUs line tool, rectangle and move / copy did not produce this issue and to group actually produces and extra copy and I think kills the file size and slows down SU a bit. Also the fact that it is occurring while following their recommendations??

Just hoping someone here has also used and experienced the same thing and can offer some info as to what cause it…
THIS IS ONE OF THEIR EXAMPLE PIC`S FROM THEIR MANUAL

THIS IS A EXAMPLE OF WHAT IS BEING ADDED AND THE TOP ROW IS GROUPED OR THEY WOULD BE EFFECTED WHEN APPLYING CUTS TO LOWER ARRAY…WEIRD??

Forgot the SU file…VIEW_ knife tool.skp (295.5 KB)