Are these trees, rocks and grasss easy to draw?

Hi everybody.

I’d like to know if the trees, rocks and grass from this 3D warehouse model are easy to do or they’re not.
Any recommendation about how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Pretty easy. Use polygon tool, explode, move vertexes, lines and faces. Scale some, push some, copy etc.

@mics_54 thanks for your answer, do you mean the polygon tool that draws polygons in 2D?

I was inspecting the picture and the part of the trees painted with light green (don’t know the English word) looks like they all are icosahedron, I found this tutorial. SketchUp Skill Builder: Icosahedron - YouTube

I think the same process can be used for the rocks.

trees

You could probably get away with drawing one icosahedron and then copying and modifying the copies to make the rocks and the “leaves” for the trees.

hmmm perhaps the tree canopy :slight_smile:

It doesnt much matter what “shape” you begin with as long as you can edit it. I don’t think the shapes are even solids or intersected. I guess it depends on what you intend to do with them. Avoiding symmetry seems to be the idea.

Thank you both, I agree about the icosahedron use.
The original one looks like this, you’re right, they’re not solid, they make intersections but they are not trimmed:

trees2

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.