I am trying to apply new imagery to the geolocated terrain mesh programmatically.
I have an array of faces I want to apply the image to, but I want that array to act like a single face (like how the paint bucket tool would treat a mesh) and not just apply the material to each individual face.
I did read this post, however, as a ‘surface’ isnt really an object, I cant programmatically apply a material to it as a whole.
I cannot find an equivalent method to something like this:
surface.material = myMaterial
If the faces making up the mesh (that you wish to paint) are grouped and referenced as mesh_grp, …
mesh_grp.material = myMaterial
… would this work for you ?
this works to add the image, but when done this way, I dont seem to have any control over ‘centering’ the new image correctly. In other words, I am not getting a ‘projected’ result
Yea, ok. Texture mapping is done upon the face object(s). I am not really sure if a bunch of faces joined by softened edges are considered one big face or not.