App never starts

About half the time I am unable to start the Free SketchUp app, it just hangs on the loading screen with the bouncing Sketchup logo. I’ve tried clearing my cache and browsing history to no avail. This has happened quite frequently over the last 2-3 days.

Anybody else?

Current System Specs
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 6700K
Nvidia 1080
Chrome (Latest)

Same issue starting 1 day ago. Strong internet condition, system is usually fast w/ SketchUp Free. Saving files (prior issue) was actually running smoothly prior to this problem.

So far, stuck on beating heart loading screen.

Current System Specs:
Windows 7 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220, AMD FirePro W2100, Chrome

Update: Works on latest version of Firefox.

Same here. I was actually in the middle of modeling when it gave me an error message and when I reloaded it it stalled on the logo screen. Since then no go, but I have got it to work on Firefox.

I’m having the same problem in Google Chrome. I was able to open Sketch up Free in Edge, but Edge isn’t really compatible. I couldn’t work with it well.

+1. Chrome doen’t work for me (beating logo only) and edge does but I don’t want to use edge.

Hey folks, we’re looking into this. In the meantime, would mind trying the latest Firefox?

Those of you who are reporting a failure to load in Chrome: can you please have a look at your browser console and tell us what you see when the failure happens?

You’re looking for red ‘error’ messages. If you see any, take a screenshot and share it here? That will really help us track this down.

john

How to open the console:
Use the keyboard shortcuts. On Windows and Linux: Ctrl + Shift + J. On Mac: Cmd + Option + J.
Select the Chrome Menu icon, menu → More Tools → JavaScript Console. Or if the Chrome Developer Tools are already open, press the ‘Console’ tab.

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.