I noticed the following about the Extension Review process and am sharing it to see if others have experienced the same and as information for anyone submitting an extension for review.
For a long time I only had access to a PC with the Windows operating system so I published my extension as being for Windows machines only. Then I got access to a Mac and tested some of my extensions on a Mac.
One of them worked just the way it was and required no change in the code. I went to this extension’s page in the Extension Warehouse and ticked the Mac box. I wrote a message for the extension’s Extension Warehouse webpage to say it was good for Macs. I published the extension and it was immediately accepted and its Extension Warehouse webpage was updated and everything looked good.
Soon after some people with Macs bought it and got straight back to me with problems. They were getting the oddest error messages and when I looked at them I realised the version of the extension was previous to my last publication, i.e. publish before I had ticked the good for Macs tick box in the extension’s publication form.
What seems to have happened is that the code, although it needed no change at my end, gets processed differently at the SketchUp end for Macs and this did not happen because I did not remove the .rbz and put it back (code fundamently unchanged but #commented in the code as being good for Macs). When I did this and the code got re-reviewed it worked fine on my customer’s Macs.
So, be aware, if you add an operating system after testing then change your .rbz on resubmission, even if your code is unchanged. But do read on…
In my experience there can be glitches when submitting an extension for review whereby you click the publish button and the page goes to the ‘your extension has been published and awaits review’ page but in fact SketchUp doesn’t seem to have recieved the new code because I don’t get an email from SketchUp. Not even from the robot. This can happen if for instance you get a rejection because the robot says that your .rbz contains .rbe code and you know it doesn’t, think the robot is having a bad day and republish the same .rbz. The SketchUp system will simply ignore new publication even though the process seems to have happened normally and you land on the ‘your extension has been published and awaits review’ page. You must make some sort of a change to the code, add a comment character or anything harmless. Make a new .rbz and then resubmit the new .rbz. Mad, I know, but it works. I have done it.
Good luck and happy coding!