Extension awaiting review

Hi,

I submitted an extension and received an email that it is awaiting review about a month ago with no news.

Now in my extensions I don’t even see it and cannot access the page created.

Any idea what happens ?

JeanDo

Where and to what extent have you downloaded? warehouse, sketchupcation?

Hi
I developed an extension.
Created the page on the warehouse and published.
Next day I received the email saying it was awaiting review.
Since then nothing
And I cannot see it anywhere
Jdo

I’m guessing here, but keep in mind many people would have been on leave during the last month, so it may take longer for submissions to be approved…

I noticed earlier today some emails from Extension Warehouse are filtered as spam by GMail. This has never happened to me before.

However EW has had an issue staring many years back where an extension can fail the review without you as a developer being notified. I’ve waited months for extensions to be reviewed with no response. On one occasion I got bored of waiting and re-submitted the non-altered extension, only to get a response that the error still persisted, as if I had already been told what the error was. I haven’t seen this issue for quite some time though so it could be fixed.

I got a review with an error message that was no help. Is there any way I can be put in contact with the reviewer. The email I wrote below just bounced.

Hello SketchUp Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback.
Line 4923 in doorplus is

else UI.messagebox(languageHash["Sorry, FMS_WinDoor+ could not find a license so it will not run the extension."])

It is just a messagebox and it doesn’t cause a problem for me.
The error message in your email doesn’t help. It doesn’t say what the problem is. Could something be wrong with your encrypted version? Mine is not encrypted, naturally.

Hope you can help, otherwise I am completely in the dark.
Kind regards,
Francis

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 23 January 2018 18:48
To: Francis Mc Shane
Subject: Feedback on WinDoor+ for the SketchUp Extension Warehouse

Hello Francis Mc Shane,
We’ve been reviewing your extension on the SketchUp Extension Warehouse. Thanks much for submitting it for review!
During the review, we found a few issues that we’d like you to address:
Here are the notes from the reviewer:
I got an error as soon as I loaded the extension. Also a few moments later, SketchUp started to hang. Are you also getting this on your machine? The error is below

'Error: #
c:/users/jyi/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/fms_windoorplus/doorplus.rbe:4923:in `'
c:/users/jyi/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/fms_windoorplus/doorplus.rbe:21:in `'
c:/users/jyi/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/fms_windoorplus/windoorplus.rbe:19:in `eval'
c:/users/jyi/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/fms_windoorplus/windoorplus.rbe:19:in `require'
c:/users/jyi/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/fms_windoorplus/windoorplus.rbe:19:in `'
Error: #
c:/users/jyi/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/fms_windoorplus/windoorplus.rbe:1102:in `'
c:/users/jyi/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2018/sketchup/plugins/fms_windoorplus/windoorplus.rbe:23:in  `'

We’d love to include your extension on our warehouse, so if you’d address these items and re-submit it, we’ll review it again and get it approved.
The link to edit your extension.
Thanks,
Extension Review Team

By the way, thank you very much for mentioning the issue with Gmail. I discovered several emails from EW and one from the local council in my Gmail spam folders!

Thanks for the feedback.

I think my situation is different since the plugin does not even appear in
my account.
and if I click on the link provided in the “awaiting review” I get a “you
are not authorized to access this page”.

I guess I’ll forget about it and repost a new page and await review again.

jeando

ok then.

Sketchup just sent that the plugin is live.

and the mail arrived in spam as you noticed

not that I understood anything but it worked.

Thanks
JeanDo

I’ve been through the exact same frustration! There is no way from the message to know who reviewed an extension and the feedback is sent from a no-reply email so you can’t get back to them. It’s also quite hard to just parse the message as most of it is from an overly enthusiastic and polite template. Only the paragraph after “Here are the notes from the reviewer:” and the error codes are meaningful information, but this drowns in the noise.

What’s funny is that the reviewer even asked a question, as if you were able to reply!

Anyhow, I’m suspecting the issue the reviewer had with your extension is that the licensing message shows directly on SketchUp start, not when the user tries to interact with the extension. I would say this is bad UX as the user may not have the time to renew/buy a license right away but first need to do some other work in SketchUp. Chances are the user simply uninstalls the extension to get rid of the annoying message as quick as possible, instead of actually acquiring a license. This is just my guess though.

If you are using the extension warehouse licensing API the reviewer should be able to create a license of their own for testing. Maybe there’s a bug that makes the error message show up even if there is a license?

I think @tt_su and Jin (don’t know his username) are making the reviews.

I can’t help with your EW review issue as such, but for future reference when you post something such as the error message you got, please put three backtick characters (` - the one usually at upper left on the key with ~) on the lines immediately before and after the error message. This prevents the forum’s display formatter from interpreting the message as Markdown code and messing it up during presentation. For example, in your post presumably there was an actual error message enclosed in < and > but the formatter took that to be a Markdown tag it couldn’t understand and ignored it.

Thank you for your advice.
The reviewer should have a licence. I presume he can generate one just like I can from the extension submission form. With the licence text added to my ew.lic file the extension works fine, passing the test for a licence.
I will try to contact the reviewers you mentioned.
Thanks again!

I added the three back ticks at the start and end of the error message. Hoping this makes it more readable.
Thank you.

It’s now displaying like this, which says either you didn’t put the three backticks on a separate line before and after, or you used some other character not a backtick.

I’m in Ireland, using an English United Kingdom keyboard. I used the tick under the @ symbol.

The one you want is under the ESC key, left of 1.

on my GB/UK keyboard the backtick/tilde key is between the Shift and Z keys …

john

Another tip: in the forum’s edit window there is an entry pane to the left and a preview pane to the right. In the preview you can see the way that the forum’s formatter will present whatever you have typed.

That’s where it is on my UK Mac keyboard too, but @Camlaman is on Windows.

I’m not running Windows nor on a GB keyboard, but looking it up on Wikipedia, it seems like this is the key?