3Dwarehouse link doesn't respond to a click

I’ve just posted a reply to a forum post, including the URL of a 3Dwarehouse component set that I uploaded some time ago.

The correct image for the model containing the components appears in the post (as it does here), but clicking on it does nothing - I thought it should open a new tab or window on the warehouse at the correct page for the model.

I’ve included a text link as well by including the URL inside single backticks, which does work if you paste it in a browser, but it isn’t clickable here either.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ef65bce7-6fbc-4d04-8de8-b4369e11afe6/Scaffolding-tube-couplers-Dynamic-Components

Has something been broken again? There was this thread (now closed) which seems to refer to the same issue, back in March 2017:

The issue hasn’t been solved at that time either. They created a ticket about it but problem was going on.

Maybe this time @rchanley and @Aerilius ? :upside_down:

Hi all,

I just noticed that @Aerilius submitted a pull request to resolve an issue with the plugin related to Discourse security measures. It might take me a couple days to get to this, but I’ll test the changes out and get them through the process as soon as I can.

Thanks

And the 3D viewer is fixed again! Thanks @Aerilius!

(Side note: To get any old embeds to work, you may need to edit the original post that contained the 3DW link so the iframe is rebuilt. I’m not sure if there’s a way around that.)

I believe “rebaking” old posts (rake posts:rebake) should be able to generate the new onebox iframe. In the admin UI one should find it as “rebuild HTML”.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.