3D Warehouse stats out of whack

Well, didn’t see another thread, but the answer is: it’s every visit to the model page. I don’t think that’s all that different from the rest of the world: we don’t want to require people to login to look around the 3DWarehouse.

One was created and posted as: Browsing vs. tabs-keeping in 3D Warehouse, but I guess this takes care of that.
Which brings us back to the shouldn’t-a-moderator-decide-what-category-a-query-belongs-to topic?..

I’m posting this as a reply, so as not to ruffle any feathers by starting a new thread;
The downloads counter in 3dWarehouse is now going DOWN for nearly all my models.
There’s still a wide gap between the figures in the browsing window and those under “cumulative”, and discrepancies between the daily count and the totals in that section.
The situation is going from bad to worse.

We’re continuing to work on it. When I have a real update, I’ll report back. In a nutshell, we’re counting views and downloads in more than one place in more than one way, and some of this incorporated in with old data migrated from Google, so yes, there is some cleanup necessary.

1 Like

I understood that you guys are working on the discrepancies between the “Downloads” counter and the graph numbers and i got used to pictures like this:

My conviction until today (truth is you never said it) was that the more reliable numbers are those in the graphs as they are “stable” and the “Downloads” counter keeps shrinking every day and then i found this:

Is this “normal”? Does it mean that none of those numbers are at least slightly reliable?

I wonder if this has had any impact on the number of uploads to the Warehouse…
I know that I’ve stopped working on the projects I had undertaken when these aberrations cropped up, largely due to the disappearance of reliable feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.