3D warehouse not downloading into model

I have just downloaded trial version of Sketch up Pro 2019. I have been trying to open 3D warehouse and have selected a model to download. When it asks if i would like to download directly into my sketch up model, I click Yes. However each time I do this nothing appears. I don’t understand as I used sketch up for many years and not sure why its not working? If anyone could please offer me some help I would be very grateful! Thanks.

When you installed SketchUp did you right click on the downloaded installer and choose Run as administrator from the context menu?

What is the model that you are trying to download? Can you provide the description or better, a link to it?

Hi there thanks for your help. When i downloaded sketch up pro 2019, i just followed the prompts and installed as recommended. I have drawn a kitchen and wanted to install a tree which was only 2mb, so just can’t understand why when i click download directly into model, nothing appears.

I’m guessing that means you didn’t right click on the installer and choose Run as administrator. You should quit out of SketchUp andrepair the installation to make sure it is done correctly.

As for the tree, have you looked to see if the tree is shown in the In Model components in your file?

What tree component is it?

So would you recommend that I uninstall and reinstall sketch up pro? No I haven’t checked model components - where is this located? The tree is just a standard shrub but all other models from 3d warehouse are not downloading.

No. I would recommend that you close it if it’s open, find the installer, right click on it and choose Run as administrator. Then when the option is presented, choose Repair.

The Components panel will be found in the Default Tray which should be displayed on the right side of the screen. When you open it, look to make sure it is showing the In Model components. See the bottom of the panel. If it’s not, click on the house icon.

Thanks so much. I have found installer and Run as administrator. Then clicked repair and all this went well.

The components panel IS showing all the plants i have tried to download but they never showed up in my model. They are in the components panel though. Thats strange.

I opened a new sketch up file and tried downloading something from the 3d warehouse and it loaded fine. I don’t understand whats happening with this file i am working on?

Check the scale of your model, how big is it?
My guess is you have drawn it so large you can’t actually see the imported components.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, thank you!! Yes that was it :slight_smile:

Box hit on the next thing I was going to suggest. I wanted to make sure you were actually getting the components first. Since you are, they must be in there somewhere. You could right click on one of the tree components and choose Select Instances. That would help you identify where they are.

Thanks for all your help DaveR! So glad its working now.

1 Like