3D printing and meshes

Trying to make a 3D print of an object that has a curve between 2 planes. I cannot make a solid between the 2 planes because of non-coplanar error. I put a mesh between the 2 planes but I need to put some thickness on the mesh to make it water tight. For some reason, the SketchUp people will not allow me to put a picture in this post, they say it is because I am new here. Any ideas?

Albert Drybrae

Brand-new forum members are not allowed to post images, in order to reduce the amount of spam and worse that could be created by unkind people (or their bots). I don’t recall the rules used by the forum to lift this initial restriction, either wait a bit more time, or create a reply or two to generate some more “authentic looking” forum activity, I think.

Hi Albert,
Have you tried the plugin “Shell”? it helps you create a thickness around your mesh.

Thank you Riad. How do I get this plugin?

Albert Dry;brae

If you are using the free web version as your profile indicates, plugins and extensions aren’t for you. I believe there is an Outer Shell tool that allows you to combine solid groups/components into one, however.

A little confusion because you posted in the SketchUp Pro category. I have moved your post to the SketchUp for Web/SketchUp Free category.

It would be helpful if you share the .skp file so we can see what you are working with.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.