3D Modeling Classifieds

Thanks Steve,
I need someone to hit the ground running. Thanks for the interest.
Cheers,

• Matt

If you have textures but they are not seamless, i can fix them for you as far as i can for free until 15.04.2020ā€¦

2 Likes

Would be great if there was a way we can offer for free our services to countries or states who need help with construction / renderings for all the hospitals / set ups needed - :heartbeat:

1 Like

Hello everyone
My name is Ahmad Youness, i am a senior cad operator. I have 14 years of experience preparing infrastructures drawings, then I have made use of SketchUp to draw 3D projects. I have good experience in Sketchup. In the current circumstances, I have seen that some young people in Italy draw missing medical pieces and then print it on 3D printers, so I can provide my help in this area since I have experience drawing details.

1 Like

Greetings All,

My name is Josef Goding, I am a Melbourne based freelance designer and have good skills and experience in SketchUp and Layout, with lots of experience in supermarkets including fixtures, fridges, ovens, product on the shelves and branding (signage of much diversity). I also have a good knowledge of lighting and rendering / animation / VR (including tours using Podium & Pano2VR).

I also have skills in the Adobe Creative Suite for setting up a range of graphics from single signs on shopfronts to 400 page rock climbing guides (Iā€™ve been involved in 4 so far) and a love of photography and the outdoors.

I have done a lot of base models and libraries which others can then develop further (I am happy to get involved for just bits of your project or from concept to completion). I am fast and accurate when given a good brief and the right info. If youā€™re looking for pricing I can help hook you up with some great contractors in Australia - particularly in the signage and shopfitting industries. (I have spent a fair bit of my career as a PM tendering and issuing contracts).

I am also happy to work training you up in SketchUp or Layout (or Podium) in a 1 on 1 scenario.

I have recently upgraded to a 12 core AND 3900X Processor with 128 GB DD4 RAM and a Samsung EVO hard drive (nice fast system). I have a current 20 Million public liability insurance, personal accident insurance, lots of OH&S inductions and tickets including EWP (up to 11m), working at heights, white card (AUS OH&S) and lots of my own survey tools including an Occipital structure sensor/Ipad Pro 10.5" and a range of more traditional things like tape measures and laser measures/levels, and a Canon 70D with 10-20 Sigma and Tamron 18-400 lenses for good site photos. I have a good amount of ā€œhands onā€ building experience too. I have an advanced rigging ticket and forklift ticket, so no stranger to being on the tools, which I believe informs my designs through experience. I have worked in the exhibition & event staging industry for many years before going into construction & branding and then full time design.

Please do get in touch if youā€™d like to see some work examples or talk rates & payment terms. I like to think Iā€™m fair and reasonable and only ask for the same from my customers.

I look forward to hearing from you if youā€™d like a hand with a job. I am also happy to work with any art gallery curators who need a hand modelling up a space including correctly scaled artwork of good resolution.

PS I love good use of layers, groups and components. You should find my models a pleasure to work on.

Hello:

My primary uses of SketchUp have been in the water treatment and environmental industry. Models have been used for proposals, presentations, operations and maintenance manuals, and marketing campaigns. I primarily collaborated with engineering and marketing personnel at various company offices through out the continental US and Hawaii. I usually model from hand sketches, Cad drawings, vendor catalogs, scans of historical structural drawings, photographs, and video walk-throughs of sites and facilities and mechanical drawings of various processing equipment.

I have used SU for Windows since version 2 and was a SketchUp Visiting Professional for a while when I formally retired after 20 years at Brown and Caldwell Environmental Engineers and Consultants. I also have produced numerous illustrations with non-3D apps. I often utilize extensions by 3keng, Placemaker, and many of TIGs and Fredo6 have beta tested for a variety of other extension authors.

I have posted a few non-proprietary examples in the 3D warehouse Search for jsc_associates | 3D Warehouse. Soon, I plan on posting links to my Google Photo albums with examples of my modeling projects.

I would be willing to help this community by volunteering my services to organizations or individuals whose livelihoods have been disrupted or impaired due the pandemic. I am located in the metropolitan area of Portland, Oregon.

Best regards,
J

3 Likes

Hi there!
I hope everyone is doing fine in these hard times.
I am a Freelance 3D artist & visualizer that deals with 3D modeling and rendering in architectural visualization, interior design, product rendering and 3D design in general. My software knowledge includes but is not limited to 3D Max, SketchUp, Autocad, Blender, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop and Illustrator.

I have more than 10 years of experience in the field. I have participated on a lot of design and build projects of famous brands like Prada, Dior, Louis Vuitton and more.

Please check my portfolio https://www.freelancer.com/u/studioviz3d

If you have any questions or proposals , Please feel free to contact with me 24/7.

Stay Safe!!

Serkan

1 Like

Hi, Marcel here. Iā€™m an architect with many years experience in metric and imperial projects. Mostly residential and interiors. SketchUp Certified Content Developer. Available for any kind of project or need, from modeling to instruction.
Thanks,
M

Hi David ā€¦ I am a SketchUp newbie, hobbyist woodworker. I am creating some solid models of cabinetry I am thinking of making. As I look for inspiration in 3d warehouse, I find models I can import and modify. My problem is that the pieces arenā€™t exactly what I want to use.

For example, I imported someones ā€œgun cabinetā€ from the warehouse. It has nice divided lite glass doors that look like they used cope and stick joinery method to make, The part I want to make has different outer dimensions and will have an arched top. My guess is it shouldnā€™t take too long to modify the imported doors to look like I want. So, is there something you could point me to like a tutuorial that would demo how to do something similar.

I have watched basics videos and created a shop cabinets so I am looking for something to get right at the heart of my task, not starting at beginning of how to draw a rectangle. Thanks in advance, Jim

Continuing the discussion from 3D Modeling Classifieds:

I am a designer, builder, developer or energy efficient homes. I want to hire a draftsman to draft in 2D and or 3D for several projects. First project is a garage with deck above with a solar roof above the deck. This addition with be attached to an existing 4556 sq. ft. I have the DWG, DXF, and PDF files of the original two story house and a rough SKP file of the addition. Please provide an hour rate etc. SkierDancer at Hotmail dot comsolar project within building envelope 15 PV panels07192019.pdf (5.9 MB)

I am a designer, builder, developer or energy efficient homes. I want to hire a draftsman to draft in 2D and or 3D for several projects. First project is a garage with deck above with a solar roof above the deck. This addition with be attached to an existing 4556 sq. ft. I have the DWG, DXF, and PDF files of the original two story house and a rough SKP file of the addition. Please provide an hour rate etc. SkierDancer at Hotmail dot comsolar project within building envelope 15 PV panels07192019.pdf (5.9 MB)

4 Likes

Dear Jim,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I think the solution to your problem is to use the Move tool to resize the components in a door. I did a short YouTube video to show the process. Hereā€™s the link:

https://youtu.be/3i452NVZqzU

A few words of caution: The technique for using the Move tool wonā€™t work in every situation. If you want to change the top of the door from a straight rail to a curved one, youā€™ll probably find it easier to draw the new rail from scratch. If the door you want has thin muntins and mullions to hold the glass, youā€™ll probably find it easier to draw those from scratch, too. It all depends on how those parts overlap and what sort of profile they have. If you send me the SketchUp model you want to modify, along with a description of the modifications you want, I can do a better job of walking through the way to change things.

I hope this answers your big question. Let me know if you need more help. Iā€™m always glad to oblige.

Best,

dh

2 Likes

Hi David ā€¦ thanks for the video. I did try and have great success using the select tool and move function to resize the muttons, following the instructions you laid out in your video.

I am still struggling with finding pieces I like in the 3d warehouse and them resizing them to use in my models. I would think that I could section straight moldings/pieces to create a planar surface. Move it into position in my model and use follow me tool to ā€œextrudeā€ it to correct length and correct positions. Only way I could get crown to behave in my model was to draw lines in a plane then move into start position on my model and use follow me tool.

I have other crowns I want to add like dentils, egg and darts, etc. but not some how to handle them. Would love to watch someone do this in a video so I could teach myself.

Thanks again for your help.

Jim

Jim,
Glad the video was of some use.
It sounds as if youā€™re on the right track regardng molding profiles. I have a hunch that the axis orientation of the parts you get from the 3DW donā€™t align with the axis orientation for your model. But to be sure, can you send me a link to the model you want to use as well as the SketchUp file for the model youā€™re building? Let me do a little sleuthing and Iā€™ll make you another video.
Best,
dh

Jim:
One more thing:
A couple years ago, I did a short video on making egg-and-dart molding. Hereā€™s a link:

https://youtu.be/9wjKc2qxi4Q

Best,

dh

3 Likes

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to place the comment.
We understand the impact COVID-19 has on the community and we like to chip in our help. We like to offer 2 months of full access to our WarehouseBlueprint plugin extension. Users in the warehousing and pallet racking industries are able to utilize Sketchup in this challenging time.

2 Likes

Hi David ā€¦ Yesterday I played with my model quite a bit. I will send it. I have a room where there are walls with wainscoting and crown intersecting a wall with a recessed section (about 9 feet long) that will feature a built in cabinetry.

Yesterday I drew a wainscoting top cap molding profile. When I extruded it to length it did not perfectly line up. I did find the wainscoting wasnā€™t perfectly aligned so I rotated it using a endpoint. I then extruded the profile again onto the now aligned wainscoting. Still wants to extruded misaligned.

When I select the surface I want it extrude and hit entity it shows it is a surface. So it appears that somewhere during creation/importing/ moving I am not working consistently in xyz planes. So I am going to watch some more videos (including the egg and dart you reference) and see if I can tighten up.

It is surprising how easy it is to inadvertantly draw something that looks like a solid, or lines coplanar, but is not until you zoom in and study (pic inside edge vs. outside, etc).

Of course zoom is also not without bugs, I cannot always select a surface I want to extrude and endpoint is same scale of window. I am doing this on a cheap PC without a space ball mouse.

Also sun was I my eyes, and I was just practicing , ā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:.

Thanks again for your help . Jim

Jim,
One thing to keep in mind about Follow Me: The profile you want to extrude must be perpendicular to the first segment of the path you wnat the profile to follow. That might help explain why your extrusions donā€™t come out exactly where you want them to.
Best,
dj

Hi All, Iā€™m working on a reception desk project but unsure how to get the perfect curve. If someone could assist me in a quick sketch and tell me how they did it, possibly with screen recording tutorial, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!
-Matt

Hi David ā€¦ Hereā€™s the model I am playing with including sample moldings I want to use as wainscoting top and crown.

option 7 cove crown with glass doors.skp (8.2 MB)