3D Connexion Mouse won't work with SU Make 2016

I think I’d happily revert to v15 now. Any ideas how I do that (as I said earlier, I deleted it off my mac too early)? I can’t seem to find it on the Trimble/SU website.

I have been through all the problems this user has had and tried all of the same solutions. The 3D Space Navigator works perfectly in everything else but the programming does not carry through into Sketchup. I also have the 3D Connexion CadMouse - it works and programmes perfectly in Sketchup. The problem is confined to the Space Navigator.

I lodged this issue with 3D Connexion technical support months ago and had a long exchange of mails in which they suggested everything I had tried already and everything mentioned above here. All to no avail. Eventually I got a last mail from them saying that I would be informed when the issue was resolved. Several months later I am still waiting … disappointing.

Okay so has there been any updates to this problem?

I’ve downloaded the trial of SketchUp Pro 2016 on the Mac, and just bought the 3d connexion Spacemouse Wireless.

The spacemouse works fine within other apps, just not SU?

The problem is specifically within “OBJECT MODE” from the pop up radial menu, right=left, up=down etc…
In all other modes everything is fine??

Mine was doing the same thing and from the PopUp Menu it was in Camera Mode, changed it to Object Mode and it’s back to normal! Relief!

Hi! Mine was reversed like this. I remembered from a while back, there was some setting to use in SketchUp, even after you made system preferences changes. It is the “popup menu” that you can activate with the 3D Mouse once in a SU drawing.
Many people prefer the object mode, but I can’t stand it. Personally, I like to control the camera instead of the object, and so I use the Target Camera Mode. This is just a preference, to each his/her own!

Cheers!
SAM