2dxy site survey extension download issue

We purchased 2DXY Sitesurvey extension. The Sketchup extension manager indicates the extension is signed and downloaded by the developer, but it shows the extension as disabled. I change the button to enable, apply changes and press “install extension”. The program takes me to a windows open file screen, the file name is blank and the extension is “.rbz” for the file type. Any suggestions? How do I contact Sketchup for assistance outside of this forum? Thanks

What happens if you only press Apply Changes and don’t hit Install Extension?

Install Extension is intended for installing extensions that you’ve downloaded yourself from some other source and need to install. It is not used for extensions that are installed via the Extension Warehouse. there should be no need to use it in your case.

The tab changes to enabled and this morning it added the “license is missing”. Yet the developer signed the license and he confirmed the purchase. Thanks David

Maybe you need to uninstall the extension and then install it again from the Extension Warehouse interface, not Extension Manager.

Ok, I will give that a try. Thank you.

Did you click on Update License?

I uninstalled the extension, reinstalled and got a not “the extension has been successfully installed and is now available for your use”. There is no extension showing in the warehouse and no check box showed up in the tool bars menu.

“NOTE” sorry for the typo.

Where are you actually looking for it?

Do you see the toolbar listed? It may be that you’ll need to restart SketchUp to get this extension to load completely. some extensions are like that while some will load dynamically without having to restart SketchUp.

In the Extension Manager, it showed up after I restarted my machine. It says that it is signed by the developer but failed to obtain or update the license. Challenging loop that I am trapped in. David

Maybe @colin can help you get this sorted out. Perhaps a problem on the EWH end.

Check what email address you are signed in under. You communicate with davidk@, but it’s support@ that owns the extension.

Hi Colin,

Yes, everything is operated through the support address.

From my side of things it looks like the extension hasn’t been installed on any machines yet.

Are you installing it from its product page inside the Extension Warehouse window?

What are the contents of this text file?:

C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2020\EW.lic

Our IT manager just quit, ie support@ vs davidk@. HR is reaching out to him for assistance. The attached is a screen shot of my subdirectories. I searched program data and did not find the files.

I don’t know if this helps/ It seems like the 2dxy survey extension file should be here.

If you are using SketchUp 2019, the file I mean would be here:

C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2019\

Note how you have gone to here instead:

C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2019

In File Explorer you can copy and paste the text I gave, to get to the right folder. ProgramData is a hidden folder, so you can’t navigate to it unless you have chosen to show hidden items.

If you paste in this text, into File Explorer’s path, and press Enter, the .lic file will open in Notepad (or you can choose Notepad as the application to use), and then you would see the text that I’m trying to get to:

C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2019\EW.lic

“no items match your search”. I do not have access to the c:\programdata subdirectory. I guess our IT people will be involved at a later date. Thanks for your help, david

It’s a hidden folder, don’t search for it. Copy and paste the text I gave into the File Explorer path field.

Or wait for IT.

I did try it. I submitted a request for IT.