2026 - Section Plane Pop Up not Showing

Did SketchUp 2026 remove the section plane naming pop-up or am I missing something?

In SketchUp 2025, whenever I created a section plane, I would get a pop-up allowing me to name it immediately. In 2026, that no longer appears for me (Working on Mac Computer) and now I have to rename section planes through the Outliner or Entity Info, which feels pretty inconvenient when working with lots of sections.

I already tried switching back to the old graphics engine but that didn’t fix it. Has anyone experienced this or found a solution?

It has not been removed but you might have ticked the box to prevent it from being displayed. You can reset that in Preferences>General. Reset All Warning Messages.

I have this issue on my mac. I quit SketchUp, edit the value “ShowSectionToolDlg” to false, saved, relaunched, then set it back to true and relaunched again and it’s still now working. Is there another way to fix this?

What’s wrong with going into Preferences/Settings and resetting the warning messages?

It didn’t work. Now I’m just using Entity Info to update the name.

Will there be a fix for the naming window if scenes to pop up again for Mac users in 2027?

I don’t have this issue in the 2025 version only 2026!