2018 Maintenance Agreement but no Update?

Just wondering, did I pay for a 2018 Maintenance Agreement and not get an update?

1 Like

Yes, you did.

Thanks much, affirmation is always good (My wife keeps telling me)

There hasn’t been a release of SU2019 yet, if that’s what you’re asking.

I think gardensonata was trying to say that he paid for a year maintenance release and did not receive his free upgrade during the 365 days he had the maintenance agreement. I also sense a bit of frustration that zero info has been released on the new sketchup which should now be named Sketchup 2020. :wink:

Wasn’t this for the OSX based version, not for the Windows version?

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I was asking, in view of the fact that ever since Trimble has taken over I have received an update in or around mid November. Also, my recollection was that yearly upgrades would be included with the “Maintenance Agreement” when I signed on to the Trimble program. (That may have just been marketing lingo for; We can give you an upgrade if and when we wish) :roll_eyes:

Just for reference, I have been a user since before Google bought Sketchup, and moved to a full SKP to Layout workflow, from CAD, 7 years ago. So, yeah, just anxious to see the latest & greatest.

Cheers all.

Understood. While they have, in recent years, released updates in November, I don’t think there was ever anything in print that indicated they’d always make new version releases then. It’s likely there’ll still be a SketchUp 2019 release. It’s only a guess on my part but I think from things that have been published and some things we saw at 3D Basecamp, Trimble may be working on better integration with their other software offerings and this might have something to do with the delay.

You could join with the conspiracy theorists who have posted their ideas in other threads. I prefer to remember that the folks on the SketchUp and LayOut teams are hardworking individuals who are committed to and and doing their jobs. I’ll exercise patience and see what comes.

4 Likes

“I prefer to remember that the folks on the SketchUp and LayOut teams are hardworking individuals who are committed to and doing their jobs.I’ll exercise patience and see what comes.”

Agreed