2018 Freezing Randomly

Sketchup 2018 is freezing every 5 minutes or so. I’m using very light models and even then it keeps freezing. Especially when I go to save the file. I’m working off of a new MacPro. I didn’t have any of these problems when running 2017 on my MacBook Air using more complex models. The behavior doesn’t seem to be tool specific either.

what is Autosave frequency set at…

where are you saving too…

do you have additional extensions loading…

do you use a space mouse or similar device…

john

I’m also experiencing this issue. On “good days”, I can get 10-15 minutes with no freezing when I first open the program before I get my little beach ball of doom. It happens for almost anything - orbiting, changing tools, filling a texture, extending a face, saving - and can last up to 4 minutes. The complexity of the model doesn’t seem to matter (although this is a dinky un-upgraded 4GB macbook with a standard wireless mouse, so when I have downloaded fully finished building models from the warehouse I get some lag, especially when intricate landscaping is in the frame, but I had no worse issues with 2016 and 2017 on this rig).

The freezing is independent of other programs or apps running. I can have a chrome window open for reference images or a netflix tab, or I can have Photoshop open or whatever, and I have monitored my memory pressure as well as noticed that I can freely interact with the other programs with no lag or anything while Sketchup remains frozen.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.