My sketchup is constantly freezing

Yesterday my Sketchup Pro 2018 was working fine, and now today I cannot even save a file without the app freezing. It never unfreezes (I have waited up to one hour) and I’ve had to force quit. It has been happening across the board with complex and simple models. I have not changed any settings (that I know of) between yesterday and today.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and no luck. It is still freezing. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

If you have some extensions, disable them all in extensions manager and check if the problem occurs again

1 Like

Since it worked and now doesn’t, the thing to look at is what has changed in between. Did you get an update overnight from Apple?

I have automatic updates turned off, so I don’t think that is the problem. but thank you, I thought of that as well

Ok, I think that worked- thank you so much. I installed a PDF Exporter plugin a few days ago, and before posting here I tried to disable it, but it kept showing up. I restarted my computer and tried it again, and now the plugin is disabled and it appears after my first few attempts at saving, creating new scenes, and deleting geometry it hasn’t frozen again (which it was with all of those actions).

Many thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why did you install a pdf exporter? You are on mac, right?

Yes, I was trying to export a model in 3D to send to a client. The Simlab PDF Exporter allows you to have an “interactive” pdf to tour the model. I downloaded the Mac compatible version. I use Lightup for renders, but find the .luca export option very slow to load, so I downloaded the PDF externsion trial. Is there a better option that you know of?

For sharing (rendered) models:

Many thanks- :raised_hands: that looks pretty amazing, I don’t know how I could have missed that in the quest for a good viewing platform.

1 Like